Approximately 37 million Americans are struggling with over 1 trillion dollars in student loan debt. Surprisingly, most student loan borrowers are not aware that they have rights and repayment options are available to ease the burden.
Postponement of loan payments, reduction of payments and complete discharge of your student loan debt might be possible.
As a student loan advocate, I can help.
How I Can Help You
As a bankruptcy lawyer, I have dealt with hundreds of clients struggling with student loan debt. After determining whether your loans are Federal or Private and their current status, I may be able to help in the following ways:
- Protect your rights as a consumer against abusive debt collectors;
- Advise you on possible student loan repayment options including payment reductions;
- Advise you on possible postponement of student loan payments through deferment, forbearance or statutory grace periods;
- Assist you with getting out of and staying out of default;
- Provide a potential full discharge on your student loan debt through bankruptcy or other available Federal programs;
- Discuss the potential benefits of chapter 7 and chapter 13 bankruptcy with regard to student loans; and
- Advise on strategic borrowing and repayment options that could save thousands of dollars in collection fees.
Most student loan borrowers will qualify for some form of assistance. As an experienced attorney, I can help ensure success and try to provide financial relief.
If you are struggling with student loan debt, contact me for a free consultation.
Student Loan Resources
The National Student Loan Data System (NSLDS) is an online resource that will provide detailed information about all aspects of your Federal student loans.
The Federal Student Aid Information Center is available at 1-800-4-FED-AID. The center provides information about your current loan status as well as educational information if you are seeking financial aid.
Both of these resources are free.
Call me or e-mail me today to schedule a free, no-obligation, informal consultation either in my office, over the telephone, at your home or at a coffee shop near you. We will discuss your student loan burden in detail and together, try to come up with a viable solution. Help is available and there are alternatives.